Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SEPTEMBER IS HERE!!!

It's hard to believe that September is already here. That means that at the end of this month Courtney and I will be over in Europe starting our 6 month missions trip!


It seems so far away, yet so close when we think about everything we need to accomplish before the 28th. As of right now, we have purchased our plane tickets, traveler's insurance (needed for our visas), our visas, required immunizations, and Courtney's new passport with the corrected last name.

Before we leave, we need to:
  • Move everything out of the apartment we are currently living in, into storage that my (Kevin) dad has awesomely allowed us to use while we are away, instead of having to PAY for the storage.
  • Get all of the gear we are going to need for this trip. (jackets/pants/shoes that can withstand severe cold/wet weather, as we will be in europe throughout the winter, and will be doing street ministry on a regular/daily basis.)
  • Raise the rest of the support for our trip. We are now only about $7,000.00 from our FINAL goal. ( We are currently doing the raffle which as of today, September 1st, we have sold 20 tickets out of the 100 we have available! They are $50 a piece and all of the proceeds go to help pay for our trip. See previous blog for more information.)
  • Get our last set of required immunizations for our trip.
Seeing only four little points up there encourages me through these last four weeks before we leave. I know that God has this in His hands, and that he will make sure everything goes the way He wants it to. Courtney and I have been discussing this all week and it is a very calming thought to know that all we have to do is just step back and let God handle everything, even the dreaded finances.

I have read a passage this past week and would like to share a link for you guys to go and read it for yourselves. This passage has spoken a lot to Courtney and I. Please click HERE to read this passage (I have chosen "The Message" version, as it is easier to understand).

Have a great rest of your week and I look forward to updating you guys throughout these next few weeks.

Thank you for your time!
Kevin

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you two. God has amazing things in store for you both!
    Loved the passage... one of my favorites is Matthew. 6:....

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refer to Mathew often in my life. It never fails that I get the answers I need. We want you two to know that Dad and I love you very much and we support you on this journey. Love, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! It's awesome to see God holding you both in the palm of His hand and saying "I got ya'" as He proves His faithfulness. Excited for you both!

    ReplyDelete