Sunday, October 10, 2010

A night of Nepalese

Last night, Kevin and I along with Tobias and Natalia (the other couple who is living upstairs with us) were invited to our host's (Thomas and Eli) apartment for a Nepalese meal. After dinner we went to the living room to watch a video that Eli made. She is in the process of trying to open an orphanage in Eastern India. The video was of some of the children her and her husband are personally sponsoring so they will be able to go to school. These along with many others have no parents and no home.

She really feels God has said the timing is right. She is just waiting for God to send people with the same calling to be pioneers and go over to India to get things started for these children. I (Courtney) really have been feeling God calling me to open an orphanage and I am praying that he will show me wether or not this is the place and the time. It's really amazing to me that God placed us in a home where the host has a calling to open an orphanage when I feel God has given me the same calling. We were supposed to stay in the castle and God placed us a 45 minute walk away from the castle with Thomas and Eli. I am really praying that he will speak to me and show me if this is the reason for bringing us to this home.


We are so blessed to have such a wonderful host family and. It was such a wonderful evening of fellowship and laughs. Thomas and Eli are so giving. They have truly blessed us so much since we have been here. I just wanted to post a few pictures from our evening. I hope you all enjoy them!


Eli serving everyone the wonderful meal she prepared for us.

The dinner table From left to right: Kevin, Natalia, Tobi, Thomas, Eli, and Thomas (Thomas and Eli's friend)

Our awesome Nepalese meal of beef and mushrooms with lentil sauce and curry, rice, and cucumber and onion salad.

All of us being lazy after stuffing ourselves

Hanging out in the living rom after watching the movie

2 comments:

  1. LOVED seeing these pictures... I love how God orchestrates things. I know He will reveal His heart to you and His plans for you. This is all so amazing! I can't wait to see what He will do...

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your BLOG! Great photos. Looks like you are building some great friendships. What a journey you and Kevin are on. It is like reading a novel. I can't wait to read the next chapter. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete