Saturday, May 21, 2011

24 weeks and counting...


24 Weeks

Today marks the start of my 24th week! WAHOO!!! So excited to only have 16 more weeks to go! I get more and more excited to meet our precious baby girl as the weeks go by! One thing is for sure, I will be more relaxed when we find a place to call home other than Kevin's old bedroom at his parents house. We are both very grateful to them for allowing us to stay here until we get back on our feet financially. But, I am ready to have a place to put our furniture and baby stuff.

What I am feeling: Her constantly moving and kicking, like peeing my pants ( sometimes when she kicks me in the bladder), excited, tired, anxious for what God has for us in the next few months, happy, in love with my daughter,

What I am thinking: What her name will be! I can't understand how all these pregnant women I know already have names picked out before they even find out the baby's sex. I am so not like that. I have known now for 6 weeks and we are still praying about a first name that we both like. We haven't even begun to think of a middle name. Part of the reason is because we really want the name that God has for her. We also want a name that means something but sounds good at the same time. So, for now our name search for this active little girl continues.

What I am seeing: Less and less of my feet and more and more of my stomach. I know I will get much bigger but I am already losing sight of my feet. I noticed it the other day really and I was showing Kevin and laughing. Also, I am seeing my belly move! Especially at night when I lay down. I just love laying there watching my stomach pop and move all over the place. I get the feeling we have a dance lover on our hands!

What I am craving: Chick-Fil-A stip salad with Lite Italian dressing and an ice cold lemonade, tuna fish sandwich with extra pickles and cheese, and a decaf coconut mocha Frappucino from Starbucks.

1 comments:

  1. So many thoughts as I read this post.. I think of when you were in me and all the fun that I had watching you move around ... Thoughts of how much you loved to dance as a little girl. How you would walk in the room, kick up your leg and flip your hair... ah such wonderful memories.

    I think of how we decided on your name. We wanted you to have a name with meaning, a heritage per se... we prayed long and hard and then it was in our minds. It was perfect for you.... just perfect.

    I understand the love you have for that sweet little one forming inside you... it is how I felt with you... and all your brothers and sisters. There is nothing like it.

    I love reading this my girl. I love that little grandgirl who is growing inside you because she is part of you... and I LOVE you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete